Tuesday 3 November 2009

It had to be you, life, it had to be you...


Let's talk about the day the air shaped you, Shaila. It took lots of summer breezes, lots of silence to make what you are today. But God it was worth it! A serene bliss, a contanst and discrete smile that filled every corner of my dark and rotten life... Something between your proximity and your coldness stuck into my brain and made me a puppet, a secretly happy puppet. And I learned and grew and transformed this into a solid, perpetual temptation that got fed with every inch of skin that was revealed to me...
Yes, my friend, time came to me as it never before, shaking the old sheets and opening windows and playing with my hair and whispering that I no longer belonged to my old self. That was the moment I saw my real face in the mirror, and I couldn't help but to look twice.
It was impossible to think that so little was enough, me, used to intensity, used to see the world in red.
It will most probably fade away the next time I loose a train, my tea gets cold or my arse bigger. Surely someone will kindly remind me that I fell in the stupidity of acceptance and will bring all the lovely complex and prejudices and insecurities that live with us in happy harmony, but for the moment, for this moment, I am just happy to be my own puppet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

¿Egocéntrico? No me lo parece. Igual se me ha escapado algo...